Bank of Stockton has a rich history filled with strong values and traditions that continue to be their guiding principles today. Their footprint spans 7 counties with 16 branches. As they approach 2 billion in assets they still consider themselves a community bank where personal service is the highest priority and the customer satisfaction is the greatest reward. Today, Bank of Stockton and its Divisions have 16 branches in contiguous market areas, located in Stockton, Lodi, Tracy, Ripon, Manteca, Oakdale, Pine Grove, Angels Camp, Rio Vista, Modesto, Turlock and Elk Grove.
HQ Address: 301 East Miner Avenue, 95202, Stockton, CA, USA
The year was 1867, just two years after the Civil War. Banks were failing throughout the country as the fibers of a young nation were mending. Struggles of the past were forgotten and new hopes were emerging. Stockton's annual flood had long since passed, and the blistering summer heat had turned the City's rivers into avenues of dust. On the 12th day of August, 1867, a Certificate of Incorporation of the Bank of Stockton was filed with the San Joaquin County clerk. The first group of organizers, 29 in number, met at the office of the Union Copper Mining Company on El Dorado Street near Main. The first location of the Bank of Stockton was shared with the Union Copper Mining Company at 179 El Dorado Street, between Main Street and Levee. Since that time, Levee has been changed to what we know today as Weber Avenue. In 1874, a deal was made to purchase the northwest corner of Main and El Dorado Street in Stockton, where the Mission once stood. Incidentally, the business center of Stockton at that time and for many years to follow was bound by Hunter, Market and Levee. In 1875, Bank business had increased to the point where the original office was too small to provide sufficient service; consequently, a lease was signed for the rental of the McKee Building at the southwest corner of Hunter and Main, where the Sterling Department Store once stood. It was at the December 10th meeting of 1903 that the Board considered buying what was known as the "Arcade Property" on the northeast corner of Main and San Joaquin from Messrs. Rosenbaum, Guernsey and Fraser for the sum of $75,000. After the approval of the attorneys, the deal was closed on December 2, 1903. On July 17, 1906, a special Meeting of the Stockholders authorized the expenditure of $250,000 to build a new bank. This new home for the Bank of Stockton was constructed on the northeast corner of Main and San Joaquin Street where business is still conducted today. The early years of the Bank of Stockton concluded with a span of father-son leadership. R. E. Wilhoit, elected to the Board in 1894, succeeded Frank M. West as President in September 1909. 1980 saw even more growth for the Bank, with the acquisition of Mid-Cal National Bank. This acquisition gave Bank of Stockton immediate branch representation throughout San Joaquin County, in the communities of Lodi, Tracy, Manteca, and representation in Pine Grove, located in Amador County, and established Bank of Stockton's first "branch network". On September 16, 1990, the Bank's Quail Lakes Delta Office opened in Stockton. This office was built to meet the growing needs of the Bank's northwest customer base. In the spring of 1996, the Bank introduced electronic banking through Quicken, QuickBooks and Microsoft® Money. Bank of Stockton was the first community bank in its markets to offer electronic banking. In response to a growing customer base in the Manteca, the Bank built a new, larger Manteca Office that opened in 1997. The new office, located at 660 North Main Street, would accommodate the bank's growth with an 11,750 square foot facility, 60 parking spaces, six drive-up lanes and drive-up ATMs. On December 5, 1997, Bank of Stockton acquired three Bank of America branches that were scheduled to close. The result was representation in the cities of Angels Camp and Rio Vista, in addition to a large Bank of America office in Ripon that was soon remodeled and became the bank's main Ripon location. In April 2000, Bank of Stockton was one of the first banks in the state to offer Internet banking with Check Imaging. In February of 2003, Bank of Stockton opened its first branch in Stanislaus County. The opening of Elk Grove Commerce Bank in the fall of 2006 starts a new chapter in the Bank's growth.