The Kiskiminetas Valley has been home for the Apollo Trust Company since 1871. Comprised of small towns, villages, and rural countryside, the area abounds in natural beauty. The Kiskiminetas River, or Kiski as it is known locally, has seen a remarkable comeback in recent years. Residents and visitors alike have come to the river for fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. Locally operated canoe liveries provide opportunities to enjoy this wonderful natural resource. The Roaring Run Recreation Area, located one mile upriver from Apollo, is an integral part of the Pittsburgh to Harrisburg Mainline Canal Greenway. The Greenway highlights historical and cultural resources throughout the Kiski Valley. A regional trail system provides miles and miles of hiking and bicycling opportunities.
HQ Address: 201 North Warren Avenue, 15613, Apollo, PA, USA
1871 - “Apollo Savings Bank” constitution and bylaws adopted. 1871 - Bank opens for business. 1876 - “Apollo Savings Bank” moves into building on First Street. 1895 - State Charter received. 1901 - Bank name changed to “Apollo Trust Company”. 1954 - Assets of First National Bank of Apollo purchased and liabilities assumed. 1961 - Fire destroys the old First National Bank building on Warren Avenue. 1961 - Construction begins on current Apollo Trust main office building. 1962 - North Apollo office opens. 1963 - Apollo Trust Company occupies newly constructed office building. 1975 - Spring Church and North Washington Drive-In offices open. 1985 - Second Street Drive-In office opens. 1986 - Apollo Bancorp, Inc. finalized. 1987 - Apollo Trust Company unveils new logo. 1987 - North Apollo office moves into new building along Route 66 (River Road). 1990 - North Washington office expanded to full service. 1996 - Allegheny Township full service branch opens